My posts may contain affiliate links. If you click though and make a purchase, we might make a small commission, but at no extra cost to you.
I’ve got a really easy Christmas tree pattern for you! No special stitches, just single crochet all the way and it works up super quick! Keep reading and let me teach you how to crochet a Christmas tree!
Christmas Tree Applique
- 5mm crochet hook (size H)
- Worsted weight yarn – size 4 in a Christmas green shade
- Darning needle and scissors
- Gauge is not important for this pattern
- SS – slip stitch
- St/Sts – stitch/stitches
- SC – single crochet
- Ch – chain
- SC Inc – single crochet increase (2SC in the same stitch)
1. Make a slip knot. Ch 2
2. SC Inc in the 2nd ch from the hook, ch 1, turn.
3. SC in the first st. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, turn.
4. SC in the first 2 sts. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, turn.
5. SC in the first 3 sts. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, turn.
6. SC in the first 4 sts. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, turn.
7. SC in the first 5 sts. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, turn.
8. SC in the first 6 sts. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, turn.
9. SC in the first 7 sts. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, turn.
10. SC in the first 8 sts. SC Inc in the last st. Ch 1, finish off. Weave in ends.
This is the size that you will need if you are making the banner that you see at the top. You can make your tree larger by continuing the same pattern of single crochet across and the increase at the end.
Pin this image to save it for later!
Let me know what you think in the comments below! Sign up for our email list, too! Thanks for visiting my blog!
Disclaimer: This pattern and photographs are the property of My Eclectic Treasures and should be used only for personal and non-commercial use. You may not alter or sell this pattern in any way. You may sell finished products, but please credit My Eclectic Treasures when referring to the pattern.